FWO believes that its strength lies in the qualified managers, supervisors, operators and workers. A constant drain of qualified people to the Middle East requires continuous re-couping. As there was no institute for such training at lower level, Construction Technology Training Institute CTTI was established in 1986 by the Government of Pakistan with the help of Government of Japan through JICA at Islamabad.
Financed and technically controlled by Ministry of Communication, Government of Pakistan, this institute is administratively controlled by FWO.
The details of various courses are as follows:
- Regular 3 years diploma courses in civil, mechanical and auto diesel.
- Basis courses of 3 to 5 months for plant operators, machinery and steel fixers.
- Skill development short courses for laboratory technicians, surveyors, carpenters, plant operators, plumbers and electricians.
- Special one month courses for construction machine supervisors.
- Computer courses for three months duration in hardware, software and Auto CAD.
- NVATAC courses of 3 months duration in civil and mechanical engineering.
In addition to the above courses the Institute selects individuals for foreign courses in machinery operation and maintenance.